Wednesday, June 6, 2012

National Running Day

Happy National Running Day!  Remember how I signed up for a half marathon?  Well, it's on Sunday!  I cannot believe how time flies when you're under-prepared for a long distance race!  My training has been minimal, but whether I'm ready or not, Sunday is the day!

I'm not running for glory, or to win.  I'm running to show my daughter that she can do anything she wants to do.  I could tell her that she's strong and beautiful and capable, but how will she ever believe it unless she can actually witness someone (like me) BEING strong and beautiful and capable.  I didn't have anyone like that in my life, and I spent much of my youth thinking that OTHER PEOPLE could run 13.1 miles, or write a book, or climb Mt. Everest, but not me.  I was plain.  I was boring.  I was average.  Until one day I decided that I don't want to be plain and average, I want to be remarkable.  So, even if it means coming in DEAD LAST, I will finish my 13.1 miles to show my daughter that she can do whatever she decides is worth doing.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Magan, I just read your post on Stage of Life and wanted to check out your blog. Good luck on Sunday. I know your daughter is too young to understand what a wonderful inspiration you are, but I promise you, she will.

    I hope you will continue to submit your stories to Stage of Life.

    ReplyDelete