Monday, April 22, 2013

35 Weeks

Well...almost 35 weeks!

My mother-in-law hosted a little baby shower for me yesterday.  It was nice, and an Amish girl from down the road made the cake, and it was INCREDIBLE!  And you KNOW it was all natural!

We got a few outfits, some bottles and some diapers, but now it's really starting to set in: We're having a baby soon!  I still need a TON of stuff (more for me than for the baby), but hopefully I can start getting things set up this weekend.  One important thing I have to do is find a better pediatrician...our current one SUCKS!

Another awesome thing happened this weekend: My father-in-law and his wife bought us a new TV!  IT's a flat screen LCD HDTV...I mean, I never expected that!  They're also letting us borrow a large chunk of cash to pay the midwife with, so I never in a billion years would have expected a gift as well!  They are so generous!

I just need to put in to writing that I married in to the greatest family.  You always hear the "in-laws" horror stories, and you see shows like Everybody Loves Raymond where the husband's family is BSC (bat-shit crazy).  J's family is so open, warm, and loving, generous to a fault, and from day 1 they have made me feel welcome.  I never get shut down or made fun of (well, teased with love is ok) and they don't ever point out my short comings.  I've listened to like an adult, even if my views differ from theirs.  They never hold things over my head, and never play the martyr.  I'm so glad my daughters will have them to lean on.

Being brought in to a family that truly cares about each other has really changed the way I see myself.  And I will forever be grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment